About Education Visa in Thailand
Is it good to study in Thailand?
An education visa in Thailand is not just meant to learn the Thai language, you are welcome to Thailand to study a wide range of topics and areas, but they must be approved by the Ministry of Education of Thailand.
If you decide to study foreign languages or martial arts, cooking or other fields, depending on the wishes of each, J&E Concierge will help you understand how you can get these education visas.
The education visa allows all students of another nationality to study at a university in Thailand, it also allows them to participate in official projects or seminars, training courses, and conferences, or to become a Buddhist monk in Thailand.
The visa for learning Thai is the best and indicated choice for people who want to settle permanently in Thailand and do not have the right to obtain a visa for another field of study.
In case you want to obtain an education visa, you only have to fulfill the requirements mentioned above, but the field you have chosen to study or the subject must first be approved and recognized by the Thai Embassy.
If you are a citizen of the Middle East, you will need to apply for a visa at the Embassy of Thailand or the Consulate General or in another case at the Embassy of Thailand assigned to your country of origin.
It is always recommended to contact the Embassy from which you intend to obtain this visa. Education visa in Thailand is one of the best and most profitable options when you want to study at a university in Thailand for 1 year or more, and this is not an immigrant.
Please note that you may need to attend certain courses each week. You have the opportunity to study a wide range of topics in Thailand, and the only limits are of course your interests.
J&E Concierge Pattaya helps you understand how to apply for an education visa in Thailand, which are the requirements for this type of visa, the areas in which you can study and renew it.
How long does a student visa last for?
Most schools where you can learn Thai or other languages want to register before getting your education visa. When you pay the tuition fees, the respective school will send a letter of admission on your behalf to the Ministry of Education.
Certain language schools in Thailand offer guidelines regarding the length of stay for the education visa, of course, based on the study program and can offer a visa from 3 months to one year, in 3 months.
In some cases, the officers may make visits to the school where you attend the courses to check if you are attending them. Note that not all schools in Thailand are recognized by the Ministry of Education, and if the school you want to teach allows you to give visas without attending classes, it is advisable and not to accept.
Based on the following factors you can verify that the respective school is legitimized:
– check if there is information about the teacher’s diploma
– a legitimized school will always put to use textbooks and learning materials for the people studying in the respective school and an appropriate number of study hours
– Another aspect to consider is the school records and the knowledge of the administrator of the school about the process of obtaining a Thai education visa.
In Thailand, you can learn Chinese, Russian but also English, and in some cases, you have to complete a required number of hours of study per week. You can also get an education visa in Thailand and based on studying Thai massage or diving. Some schools may have different requirements for enrollment in courses, their duration or language lessons.
How do I get an educational visa for Thailand?
You can get an education visa in Thailand either from your home country or from Thailand.
To obtain and to apply for an education visa in Thailand you must comply with the following requirements:
– passport or another travel document with a validity of at least 6 months
– you must fill out an application form to receive your education visa
– a photo that has been taken in the last 6 months
– need a letter of recommendation to be addressed to the Thai Embassy or Consulate
– a letter that must be accepted by the institute or academic organization
– in the case of people who want to study in a private institution, they need an official letter from the Ministry of Education of Thailand that will have to prove the enrollment of the foreign students but a copy of the registration certificate of the respective academic institute is also needed.
– it is necessary the academic record and the ID of the student currently studying
– for persons wishing to attend different courses or seminars, a letter of recommendation from the Institution addressed to the Consulate is required
When the time comes to renew your education visa, you will have to follow the same steps and meet the same requirements. The only difference when you renew your visa is that the length of the interview with the immigration department officer will take longer because it may give you an oral or written exam to check your progress and if the visa you have is for learning Thai.
They will also realize if you go to classes and do not use the education visa as a means or a pretext to stay in Thailand.
Some schools inform their students about the tests they will face when they want to renew their education visa but remember that not all do so, so you must be well prepared. The answers you will give to the respective tests can decide what kind of extension you will get, 60 days or an extension of 30 or in some cases, if your answers will not be correct you will not be able to obtain the visa extension.
And if you are not approved for the visa extension, you will have 7 days to leave the country.