About Visa Run in Thailand

How can I stay in Thailand for 90 days?

When you enter Thailand you will be given a stamp that allows you to stay on the territory of Thailand for a period of 30 days or a period of 15 days, depending of course on your country of origin, and when this period is over, you will have to leave Thailand.
If you want to stay in Thailand, you can extend your visa to the Immigration Office where you will have to pay a fee, but remember that you can only do this once. If you do not want to extend your visa in this way, you can choose to leave the country and re-enter Thailand.
Citizens who have a visa, their period is specified, and depending on the type of visa they have a period of 60 days or 90 days. When this period ends, citizens will have to leave the country and return to Thailand to reactivate the visa for another validity period on the existing visa, or there is the possibility of obtaining a new visa. at the Thai Consulate or the Embassy in your country of origin or another country
We have met many people who have mistaken the visas in Thailand many times, which is why J&E Concierge Pattaya will explain the differences between these visas.
Usually visa run and the border run, are two terms whose meaning can be used interchangeably, but there are also certain aspects that refer to totally different circumstances.
Both visas allow you to have the opportunity to cross the border and back, in conclusion from this point of view there is no difference between them. However, depending on your situation, these visas may have different aspects.

Visa Runs

CALL US – 081 865 8910
Assisted Customers
Satisfied Customers
Visa Run Obtained

                                                       Why should I get a Vis Run in Thailand?

In case you want to get a visa you have to visit an Embassy from outside, here in Thailand, J&E Concierge Pattaya can handle the whole process to get this visa. You will find us all the answers regarding the requirements, process, renewal and costs, and all you have to do is contact us.
Run Visa allows you to travel across the border to get a different visa, so this is one of the most applicable visas. However, the visa run can still be applied for citizens who already have another visa, and they are trying to get a new visa stamp again and it is necessary to cross the border.
When some citizens use border run, it usually means that they already have a visa but they are trying to return to the country with an exemption stamp and have to cross the border and return to the country on the same day.
In conclusion, border run is generally used and is addressed to citizens who want to cross the border and return to the country on the same day. When you reach the other side of the destination, you will return and return to Thailand in possession of a re-entry stamp.
If you do not have a visa for your needs, and previously used an exemption stamp that allowed you to stay in Thailand for a period of 30 days, when you want to re-enter Thailand you will need a new stamp with a validity of 30 days. Also, you must remember that it is very important to know the number of stamps outside the country you have on your passport.
In case you abuse this system without obtaining a visa corresponding to your needs, there is the possibility of being stopped at the Immigration Office and you will eventually be deprived of the right to obtain a stamp.
Citizens who have a visa corresponding to their needs, for example a multiple entry tourist visa or also a non-immigrant 0 visa of course with multiple entry, when they cross the border and return directly to the country, will receive a stamp which had reactivated a new period of validity of the existing visa.
If we refer to the tourist visa, in this case you will receive an extension and the possibility of staying in Thailand for a further 60 days. In case of visa 0 non-immigrant you will have the possibility to receive 90 days.

                                                      How can I extend my Visa Run in Thailand?

So, if you do not have the opportunity to go to a border, you will be able to extend your visa for another period of time, only going to the Immigration Office together with all the necessary documents, observing the corresponding requirements and also paying the appropriate taxes.
For citizens who are not familiar and do not know the rules and requirements of the Thai state regarding the granting or extension of these visas, J&E Concierge will always be here to help you meet your needs and wishes.
Our team can also help you understand what you need to do if your visa expires and you will have to leave the country in order to reactivate and obtain a new validity period, or if you want to enter and exit from the country and you want to get in 15 days in the territory of Thailand or if you want to visit the Embassy of another country, such as your country of origin or another, to obtain a run visa
Depending on your nationality, keep in mind that you may need a visa to be able to cross the border into the country where you will be crossing the border.
If you want to obtain a Run Visa, do not hesitate to contact us to advise you on the fastest, most comfortable but also the most accessible option for you. We will advise you and guide you throughout the process of obtaining the Visa Run and we can also recommend excellent accommodation for those who need to stay one night in order to pay a visit to the Embassy.
There are many visas here in Thailand, and they are all different and have their own rules, so you need to understand exactly and explain to you the whole process and the corresponding requirements.
Do not always rely on the information that you can access from your close friends or other citizens who have already obtained the type of visa you want to obtain, because the rule and requirements can be changed, and in this case you will not end up with the process of obtaining the desired visa is successful

Recent Posts

About Visa Run in Thailand
CALL US – 081 865 8910
Last updated on: 13.07.2020 – 8:07


  1. Buddy November 6, 2019 at 6:55 am - Reply

    I’m from Myanmar, I have a friend from Russia who is visiting to me. We both are now in Myanmar. Well, she did a visa run last month by crossing the land border from Myawaddy to Mae-sot and came back to Myanmar. She also did two times border cross visa run in Malaysia in this year. So, my question is how many time can she do border cross visa run to Thailand from Myanmar?

    • RobinHood November 6, 2019 at 2:12 pm - Reply

      I think the land border runs are only allowed twice in a year now but you can do as many entries by air as you like as long as you have the air ticket out of Thailand. .

    • Bob November 6, 2019 at 4:27 pm - Reply

      Russian passport holders can enter Thailand free for 30 days per visit under a bilateral visa waiver agreement. There is currently no set limit on number of entries.

  2. Ronn October 1, 2019 at 8:51 am - Reply

    I have a one entry visa for 60 days, I am now on the 50 day. If I go out to Laos by bus for a few weeks, can I go back to Thailand and get another 30 days ? Or is it going to be only 15 days ? Does it matter if I enter back to Thailand using a bus or a flight?

    • CatCares October 1, 2019 at 9:46 am - Reply

      Depends what PP you hold, on visa run, and no need to stay any length of time, I think, and can simply turn around and re-enter, depending on PP.

    • PizzaBig October 1, 2019 at 11:03 am - Reply

      If not planning on leaving anyway. Is there some reason why you don’t simply extend your visa in country at Imm office ?

    • Snake October 1, 2019 at 1:12 pm - Reply

      If you’re planning to spend time touring in Laos, it is not a “visa run” which implies crossing the border and turning right around again.

    • BuzzMe October 1, 2019 at 2:53 pm - Reply

      There are no more 15-day visa exempt land entries. All visa exempt land entries are for 30 days, but you’re restricted to such two entries per calendar year.

    • J&E Concierge October 1, 2019 at 3:05 pm - Reply

      Please note that there are few things you need to know, we invite you to get in touch with us and we will provide you these information and we can also help you to get your Visa Run

    • StaffPlam October 2, 2019 at 2:23 pm - Reply

      Until you tell us what passport you’re using, we cannot provide anything except general advice.

Leave A Comment