Car driving license

Why should you get a Thai driving licence?

Thailand is famous for its religious activity, so one thing you shouldn’t miss is the sacred places.
Best known for its glittering nightlife and never-seen-before parties, Pattaya is often considered to be a destination for bachelors. The reality, however, is different. Pattaya has a lot more to offer and quite a percentage of it is for families and couples as well. It has attractions that can delight people with varied interests.
If you are planning a trip, get ready to indulge in some of the most exciting things in Pattaya. Trust me, you’ll be spoiled for choice picking between Pattaya city tours and sightseeing, chilling out at the secluded islands and beaches, enjoying cultural programs, indulging in a range of adventure and watersports and of course the nightlife.
For example, taking the exclusive tours for Siam Pattaya and Chanthaburi Sapphire Mines is one of the most popular things to do in Pattaya. Siam Pattaya – the first miniature replica of the Thai heritage and the wonders of the world – comprises of miniature models of many beautiful sites of the world including London Bridge, Statue of Liberty, Pyramid, Temple of the Emerald Buddha, Bridge over the River Kwai, and Prasat Hin Phimai.
Experience thrilling adventure sports, enjoy Thai cuisines or pamper yourself with a relaxing spa. Book Thailand holiday packages on TravelTriangle and enjoys the beauty of the beaches of Krabi, Phuket, and Ko Samui. The cabaret shows of Tiffany and Alcazar are extremely popular and major tourist attractions in Pattaya. While the Tiffany Cabaret Show is performed by super talented ladyboys, Alcazar is performed by cross-dressing performers. The shows present a combination of dance, music, and drama with popular Thai and English songs. These depict the Indian Raj, the glorious past of China, and the history & heritage of Siam.

Driving Licences

CALL US – 081 865 8910
Assisted Customers
Satisfied Customers
Issued Driving Licences

What can you do in Pattaya in 3 days?

Locally known as the Paradise Island, Koh Samet is a white sand island near Pattaya mainland. The island can be reached by a ferry ride from the fishing village of Ban Phe.

The stunning beauty of the island is amplified with its sparkling sand, crystal blue water, and pristine beach-front.
I hope you already have checked that information above and tomorrow you will get ready for a wonderful time here
Why would you need a Thai driving license? Because let’s say you will have plenty of time to enjoy everything you planned before you came here. Plus, please note that daily activities like entering any kind of hotel, company or government premises that requires an ID, Thai driving license is very useful and acceptable. For foreigners sending remittance back home Thai driving license is valid.

Even going out partying at night clubs requires ID – of course presenting a Thai driving license is more than enough to let you enjoy the rest of the night. It is also very good for you if you want to visit some parks or maybe some Zoos which has dual pricing (one cheaper price for Thai, more expensive for foreigner)and pay the same as a Thai national would instead of the inflated ‘farang’ price.

What do you need to get a Thai driving Licence?

You can get a Thai Driving Licence by yourself but the forms are written in Thai, so non-Thai-speakers its recommended that you take along a Thai speaker for interpretation and to help fill in the forms.
If you wish to be able to drive both cars and motorcycles in Thailand, then you’ll have to apply for 2 separate driving permits, and you’ll be issued 2 different physical cards
You may need help? It is definitely a lot easier to let J & E Concierge assist you with the whole process
-Thai National- Thai Driving Licence in Pattaya available every Wednesday!
-Foreign National- Thai Driving Licence available every Tuesday and Friday!
If you can not read and/nor understand the Thai language, you are allowed to bring an interpreter to fill the forms and translate the possible instruction class and tests.
Valid Passport with Valid Non-immigrant Visa
Signed copies of the passport’s first page, the page with the current non-immigrant visa, the page with the last entry stamp and the TM-card.
A certified letter of address from the applicant’s embassy, or from the Immigration Bureau (the document can not be older than 30 days).
Tip: The letter from the embassy is the fastest option, but the immigration office will provide this service for free. However, it will take them 3-6 weeks to complete and an officer from your local police station will visit your place of residence for verification. If you are working in Thailand: the blue workbook, better known as your work permit, can replace either of these documents and serve as address verification.
– A doctor’s certificate stating that the applicant is in good health, both physically and mentally (standard forms are available from most clinics and should not be more than 30 days old).
– 2 photos, 1 x 1 inch and not older than 6 months (photo service is available on the premises).
– Valid international driver’s license plus signed photocopy or translated regular driving license from the applicant’s home country, certified by Embassy or consulate. (if available).
Those may take you plenty for time, that’why J & E Concierge assists you with the whole process and you can enjoy your time by doing everything you love.

                                                   What is the legal age to drive in Thailand?

Once you have been in Thailand for a period extending 3 months, you will need a Thai driving license, even though international driver licenses are legally accepted. Several insurance companies have a fine print stating that the driver should hold a valid Thai driving license to be fully covered. Besides that: You’ll offer the local law enforcement great opportunities by continuing to drive with a Thai international driving license.
It is mandatory to have a Thai driving license, however, international driving licenses are accepted as well. The minimum age for driving cars and motorbikes in Thailand is 18.
Having a Thai drivers license may sometimes also make police slightly more lenient towards the fact that expats can not carry their passport at all times.
Qualifying requirements:- Being of sound mind and good health (not having a physical or mental handicap(s) that will prevent them from operating a vehicle safely) – being at least 18 years of age.
– If the applicant is not a Thai national, the applicant must hold a valid Non-Immigrant Visa (tourists can not apply).

CALL US – 081 865 8910
Last updated on: 02.07.2020 – 6:53


  1. Tyga May 1, 2019 at 2:51 pm - Reply

    What do I need to hire and drive a car or ride a motorcycle in Thailand? Thanks.

    • J&E Concierge May 2, 2019 at 12:20 pm - Reply

      Hello there, we can help you get you Thai driving, please feel free to get in touch with us. Thank you

  2. Kedar February 14, 2019 at 2:40 pm - Reply

    Do anyone knows about agency who can provide support in acquiring a Driving Licence in Thailand. Currently I hold UK driving licence valid until 2020.

    • J&E Concierge February 15, 2019 at 11:15 am - Reply

      Hello Kedar, sure we are here for you. Please feel free to get in touch with us. Thank you

  3. ValiusM January 15, 2019 at 3:39 pm - Reply

    It is possible to rent a car in Thailand with EU driving license? Dont need international driving license?

    • J&E Concierge January 16, 2019 at 12:16 pm - Reply

      Hello, please feel free to get in touch with us and we will help you understand and reach any information you need. Thank you

  4. SteveWonder December 4, 2018 at 1:38 pm - Reply

    Have a U.K drivers licence looking to get both driving licence( car and motorbike). Can anyone help me have them? Thanks

    • J&E Concierge December 5, 2018 at 11:18 am - Reply

      Hello Steve, sure we cand help you reach your Thai driving licene. All yu have to do is to get in touch with us. Thank you

  5. Susan September 13, 2018 at 1:11 pm - Reply

    Am I have to take 2 different exam or only 1 exam include both of them? (car and motorbike)

    • J&E Concierge September 14, 2018 at 10:44 am - Reply

      Hello Susan, please feel free to get in touch with us and we will help you understand and reach any information you need. Thank you

Leave A Comment