About car registration in Pattaya
When you decide to buy a car in Thailand, you must know that you need to renew its registration every year.
The process of car registration in Pattaya or any other area of Thailand is quite easy to complete especially when the car is less than 5 years old. The documents required for the registration of the car in Thailand must be presented to the Land Transport Office, of course together with the vehicle book and the proof that you have made the mandatory insurance payment.
Concerning the tax for the tax sticker, we can say that it depends largely on the type and age of the vehicle you own or will do.
In the first 5 years, you will pay the same tax, as then, this will be reduced by 10% for each year until it reaches 50%.
If your car is more than 5 years old, it requires a thorough technical check, and this check must be done before applying for new registration. This inspection of the car will not cost you much time, the number of the car, the lights, the brakes but also the evacuation will be carefully inspected. Following the inspection, if the vehicle passes the test successfully, you will be issued a certificate which you will then have to present to the Land Transport Office together with the green card of the car.
If you feel that you need help in the process o a car registration in Pattaya, or any other area or area, remember that J&E Concierge is here for you and will support and guide you throughout its registration. Car registration is provided by the local Department of Land Transport Bureau.
For foreign citizens, the following documents are of course accompanied by their copies:
– the current passport
– the Non-immigrant visa
– it is also necessary to have a work permit or a certificate attesting your residence in Thailand, issued by the Thai Immigration Office or the relevant embassy. The new owner will be issued proof of ownership documents in the form of a registration card bearing the name of the ablating book and includes the name and address of the owner
For the Thai vehicle owner transfer you must remember the following conditions and submit the following documents:
– first of all, you must know that the seller has no obligation to be present, as long as you have the photocopies signed by him of the identity card and his signature on the request forms for the transfer of ownership
– you must present the green card of the vehicle
– your passport
– signed copies of passport and visa
– proof of your stay in Thailand
– the request form signed by the seller
In addition to these documents, you will need the following documents from the seller:
– if the seller is a Thai citizen, you will need a signed copy of your identity card
– in case the seller is a foreign citizen you will need a signed copy of the passport and visa pages
When you show up at the Land Transportation Bureau to perform Thai vehicle owner transfer, you must have in your possession the vehicle on which the transfer of ownership is made because a technical inspection will be carried out. You also need all the documents and the people in the information office will check if they are correct or something is missing. When the accident insurance will be paid you will have to submit all the documents again to the Land Transport Office.
In the case of the Thai motorbike owner transfer, the same documents and requirements are required. When you come to get the owner’s card, you must pay a tax, only if the vehicle tax is not paid. In addition to all these conditions that you must comply with, you must pay attention to the due date on the excise stamp of your vehicle and train you to pay the annual tax and purchase insurance before the due date on it. Every two years, the emissions will be analyzed and verified
We can help you in the process of car registration, car transfer, we can also answer all the related questions about how to transfer car ownership. The J&E Concierge Pattaya team will support you throughout the process of car registration in Pattaya or other areas of this country.
Road police carry out regular checks in Thailand, they check if you have a driver’s license and all vehicle documents are in order. They will also check the vehicle tax.
In some cases, the road police want to check the vehicle’s property, which is why it is advisable to always keep copies of the owner’s card.