Guardian Visa in Thailand
Is there child support in Thailand?
Parents that wish to support their child of Thai nationality, this visa is valid for one year, but it can be renewed after it expires. The guardian visa of the parent accompanying his or her minor child studying in Thailand depends largely on his student visa or in another case the duration of his studies in this country.
You can apply for a guardian visa either in the country of origin at the Thai Embassy or Consulate or you can apply for it in Thailand at the Thai Immigration Office
For people who do not know what the requirements are and do not know how to apply for a guardian visa in Thailand, J&E Concierge Pattaya usually comes to their aid. You will find further the requirements in the process of obtaining this visa, and if you still have any questions do not hesitate to contact us.
To obtain the guardian visa you must comply with the following requirements and submit the corresponding documents:
– you must present the child’s birth certificate because proof of your relationship with the child is required
– it is necessary to prove that you have enrolled the child in a school in Thailand by submitting the application form and the letter of admission
– you have to set up your Thai bank account and deposit THB 500,000
As I said, the guardian visa can also be obtained from your country of origin from the Embassy or the Thai Consulate, and its validity is initially 90 days. There is a possibility that this can be done simultaneously as long as your child applies for a pre-student visa.
Do I need to report my adress?
Together with your child’s pre-student visa, you can extend the initial visa in a guardian visa with a term of 21 days before it expires and at the same time respecting the rest of the requirements imposed by the Thai state.
As with the other visas valid in Thailand, the guardian visa is also subject to the 90-day report, which means that all holders of this type of visa must report their residence address to the Immigration Office in Thailand every 90 days. If you do not comply with this requirement, you will be fined by the Thai state.
Reporting the residence once 90 days is done either by post 7 days before the expiration date expires, or you can go in person to the Immigration Office in Thailand 7 days before or after the expiry date.
If you are not in Thailand and you do not have the opportunity to comply with this wish, you are not required to report your address of residence.
The guardian visa is intended for the parents, respectively, of the mother or father who wishes to be the guardian of a student who is studying at a school in Thailand.
The legal guardian of the child or children, as the case may be, must apply for the guardian visa, and this will be issued by the Thai Embassy or Consulate either in the country of origin or Thailand. The respective child must be under the age of 20 years
J&E Concierge Pattaya is here to help you understand and how to renew your guardian visa. You must also comply with certain special requirements and submit the appropriate documents.
How do I renew my guardian visa in Thailand?
To renew and extend the guardian visa, parents who already have this visa must comply with the following requirements and submit the following documents:
– first of all, a request form is required
– passport along with copies of the photo page, the non-immigrant stamp page and the stamp page on the last arrival in Thailand accompanied by the white card
– passport and copy of each child, accompanied by a page with a passport photo and the page where the one-year visa stamp is located
– a letter from the school confirming the status of the child or children, as the case may be
– the birth certificate of the child showing the parents name, and if this document is not in Thai, it must be translated
– a letter from the bank notifying that the account is deposited in the amount of THB 500,000
– bank statements for the last 3 months
– the copy of the bank card must be updated in the last 3 months, and the amount of money that is displayed in this bank card must be the same as the one indicated in the letter from the bank
– you need a passport size photo
Only a single parent of the child can apply for this guardian visa, not both parents, which means that either the mother or father of the child will be able to get the visa.
Parents with more than 1 child must comply with the following requirements:
– to have two bank accounts, and on these accounts to be the amount deposited of 500,000 THB
– if there are no two bank accounts accompanied by the respective amount, have a common bank account, but the required amount is 1 million THB
– to have a valid marriage certificate
In case you want to renew or extend this visa, keep in mind that a letter from the Embassy certifying your income is not sufficient, and according to it you will not be able to carry out the extension or renewal. Once you have obtained a one-year visa extension, we recommend that you also obtain a re-entry permit in Thailand.
If the student or your child has to leave the country several times, it is recommended that he/she obtain a multiple re-entry permit
This multiple re-entry permit allows them to re-enter the country and use the remaining time from the visa at the same time, otherwise, if you leave Thailand without a re-entry permit, your visa will be canceled.
J&E Concierge Pattaya is here for you to help you get this type of visa in Thailand and we will answer all your questions regarding cost as well as requirements and renewal of visa visas.