How to get a Thailand Retirement Visa

Can I retire to Thailand?

When we talk about the retirement visa, we can talk about it as such, because the people who apply for this type of visa are those who want to spend their retirement days right here in Thailand. This retirement visa is dedicated to people who have stopped working and now want to rest
The retirement visa in Thailand can provide the person requesting an extended stay in this country.
The way you can get an extended stay based on the retirement visa in Thailand, consists of the 0 visa for immigrants, so that you can get the retirement visa directly from the immigration office, but you will have to fulfill all the necessary conditions.
You do not know how to apply for retirement visa in Thailand? J&E Concierge is here for you to help you get all the information you need.
The three main requirements that you have to fulfill are the following:
– first of all you must be 50 years of age or older
– the monthly income you need to have is 65,000 THB or of course more, but not less than this amount.

CALL US – 081 865 8910
Assisted Customers
Satisfied Customers
Retirement Visa obtained

                                 What are the requirements for a retirement visa in Thailand?

Remember that J&E Concierge Pattaya is here for you and will help you understand how to apply for the retirement visa, we will tell you all about the cost but also about the process of obtaining such a visa.

In addition to these conditions you must meet, you will need to obtain from the bank of Thailand, a letter stating that the amount of 800,000 is in your bank account and that it has been deposited within the indicated term.
We remind you that the J&E Concierge Pattaya team is here for you and will provide you with the necessary support you need to obtain this retirement visa. We will advise you on the necessary documentation, we will talk openly about how to apply for the visa but also about its costs.
The letter from the bank is required to verify your balance, and besides this letter you also need a copy of the bank card. The money can be deposited and is the form of another currency, but the amount must be equivalent to 800,000 Baht.
If you do not have this amount in your bank account, you must prove that you have a constant income equivalent to 65,000 Baht.
In order to obtain an extended stay based on the Thailand visa, you will need to make a visit to the immigration office and present the following documents that are part of the requirements for obtaining a Thailand visa.:
– you need photocopies of the passport, photocopy of the visa page and photocopy of the page where the last entry in Thailand is specified. in addition to this you also need a passport with a non-immigrant visa
– you will have to submit the extension of the stay form, and it must be completed and signed. After signing, you will need to attach a passport photo and your phone number.
– a photocopy of the departure card
– 2 photos with the size of the passport
– you have to prove the funds you have, and the letter you will get from the bank cannot be valid for more than 3 days
– you must provide proof of your address in Thailand
– then you will pay the application fee

These are the most important requirements that you must meet when you apply for a retirement visa in Thailand. Once you have obtained a retirement visa in Thailand, you will also need to meet two very important rules.
After 90 days you will have to make certain reports, because one of the laws of Thailand stipulates that a foreign national must prove his address in Thailand, and this is reported on a form TM48.
One of the biggest mistakes foreigners make in Thailand based on their retirement visa is that they leave the country without obtaining a permit to re-enter the country.
The re-entry permit can be obtained from the immigration office or from the airport before leaving the country.
The reentry permit will be stamped in the passport and will protect your visa while you are abroad. If you receive no re-entry permit your visa will be invalid, and when you re-enter Thailand you will receive a standard 30-day exemption stamp.
Although you can get a re-entry permit when you leave the country, it is advisable to obtain this permit a few days before you leave, to make sure you have time.
If you do not know hot to renew your Retirement Visa, J&E Concierge Pattaya it is here for you to help.
The retirement visa is valid for one year, but you do not have to wait until the year is near the end, the visa can be renewed 45 days before it expires. Keep in mind that the balance you will need to have on your card for 3 days before renewing your visas must be less than 800,000 Baht.
If you have any other questions or concerns regarding the renewal of the retirement visa, do not hesitate to contact us and our team will be at your disposal. Besides this very important aspect regarding your income you will need to get an income letter from the embassy.
There are two possibilities for obtaining a retirement visa for foreign couples who want to retire in Thailand:
– each of the partners obtains a retirement visa in accordance with the steps and rules imposed by the Thai state
– or it is possible the variant in which one of the spouses obtains a retirement visa, and the other receives a visa and dependent. Most recommended and recommended is that both spouses obtain the retirement visa independently, because if the visa holder dies, the other partner loses his dependency visa
J&E Concierge Pattaya will be at your disposal any time you are determined to take this step. We answer questions about the retirement visa, about the things you need to know about the requirementsa, renewal, costs and the rest of the details. Do not hesitate to contact us.

Recent Posts

Retirement Visa in Thailand
Requirements for Retirement Visa in Thailand
CALL US – 081 865 8910
Last updated on: 07.07.2020 – 23:24


  1. CasperU August 10, 2019 at 11:22 am - Reply

    The medical certificate can be done in Thailand or in my home country?

  2. Cameron May 17, 2019 at 5:52 pm - Reply

    I am on a 2 months tourist visa, used a week of it. I qualify for retirement visa (I am 52 and can transfer 800000 THB into my Thai account) and I am in Thailand and do not wish to return to Europe to apply. What steps do I have to go through to have my retirement visa? Thanks

    • Bertra May 17, 2019 at 6:41 pm - Reply

      You have to do A-0 in your home country.

    • Andrew May 18, 2019 at 10:05 am - Reply

      A retirement visa, or Non-Immigrant O-A visa to give it its correct title, can only be obtained from the Thai Embassy in your home country.

    • J&E Concierge May 18, 2019 at 10:10 am - Reply

      Hello there guys, we invite you to get in touch with us and we will help you obtain this type of visa. Thank you

  3. Samuel April 5, 2019 at 4:50 pm - Reply

    I am now in the US/California and am planning to retire in seven months and live in Chiang Mai. So with that said, is it an option for me to obtain the non-immigrant visa here in California from the Thai Consulate before I retire, as long as I meet all the requirements?

    • KeBlack April 5, 2019 at 5:50 pm - Reply

      If you are least 50 years old I would suggest that you consider obtaining a non immigrant and multi entry visa from a Thai consulate or embassy before you go.

    • SpokeMe April 5, 2019 at 7:04 pm - Reply

      Many talk about how difficult it is to obtain, but I have gotten four over the last five years, and I don’t find it particularly arduous.

    • DarianM April 6, 2019 at 8:19 am - Reply

      He will not get a multiple entry non-o for being 50 or over in the states now.

    • SimonCl April 6, 2019 at 12:10 pm - Reply

      He could get a single entry non-o visa from on of the honorary consulates.

Leave A Comment