Non 0 Visa in Thailand

What is non immigrant visa?

The Non-Immigrant 0 visa type is applied and is obtained only by the persons who fulfill its specific requirements.
Among the citizens who can access this type of visa are those who are legally married to a Thai citizen, dependents of a foreigner who is currently working or studying in the territory of Thailand and also volunteers or applicants working for governmental organizations.
The validity of this type of visa is different depending on the type of entry. For the single entry, the visa has a validity of 3 months from the date of issuance, and the holders of this type of visa can obtain the extension of the visa and the permit of residence and reentry at the Immigration Office of Thailand.
For multiple entry, one year validity is approved but it is only valid for the husband or wife of a Thai citizen.
J&E Concierge Pattaya has supported and participated in obtaining this type of visa for many foreign nationals. We take care of the whole process closely and we always guarantee success.
We talk openly with all our clients about the requirements, about the renewal, how to apply for this visa but also about the cost.

CALL US – 081 865 8910
Assisted Customers
Satisfied Customers
Non 0 Visa Obtained

                                           How do I get a non immigrant visa for Thailand?

Among the requirements necessary to obtain this type of visa we find the following:
– it is necessary to fill in an application form for obtaining the visa, and besides this form you must also present photos. Please note that the form must also be completed and signed by you
– you must present the passport, and it must be valid for at least 6 months for the single entry visa and at least one year for the multiple entry visa.
In addition to these requirements that you must meet, you must present some supporting documents.
1. For example, for a member of a Thai family, the following documents are required:
– it is necessary to present a copy of the marriage certificate for the husband and in the case of a child a copy of his birth certificate
– you must also present a copy of the Thai husband’s identity card and note that all copies must be signed by the Thai husband
– you also need a letter of sponsorship from the Thai cat husband
– the applicant needs a bank statement attesting that at least 400,000 are deposited in his account
2. For dependent persons the following documents are required:
– firstly, a copy of the marriage certificate is required or the birth certificate.
– if the citizen is currently working in Thailand it is necessary to present the residence permit or the visa and the copy of the passport
– only if necessary, a copy of the work permit is required
– a letter of certification from the educational institution or, as the case may be, from the employer in Thailand is also needed
3. In the case of volunteers or NGO officers the following are required:
– they need a certification letter from the organization in Thailand that clearly specifies its purpose, work schedule, exact time of stay in Thailand and nature of work
– together with this letter a copy of the identity card or passport of the authorized person who signed this letter is required
– it is also necessary to summarize the profile of the organization
– a copy of the registration of the respective organization

It is very important to keep in mind that sometimes consular reserves the right to request additional documents besides those presented above without prior notification.
Also, the Royal Embassy of Thailand may reserve the right to refuse a visa if the applicant does not have all the necessary documents or if the reasons specified are not accepted. Please note that the visa is not refundable.
When you have a 0 visa for multiple entry immigrants you must leave the country every 90 days if you do not renew this visa.
As long as you have a 0 non-immigrant visa in Thailand, and this is based on marriage or family, you can extend your visa by 3 months or 5 months, so you can get 60 days without having to leave the country.
To be able to extend this visa you will need to submit certain documents like:
– you must present your passport in its original form
– also a copy of the passport
– you must present a photocopy of the arrival card and the visa
– a copy of the lease agreement for the house where you live, and this contract must contain both your signature and the owner’s signature. In this contract remember that you must specify the address, the deposit you paid when you rented the house and the amount you pay each month.
– a document of the wife specific to the house officially registered as a resident of Thailand
– and the identity card of the wife, and it is indicated that you also have a copy of it
You may also be asked for a copy of your child’s birth certificate or passport if it exists, so it is advisable to prepare these documents as well.
When you want to extend the visa based on the existence of a child you will need to present with him / her the mother of the child, the passport and birth certificate of the child, and the card of identity of the child’s mother. Keep in mind that you must have both the original and copies of these documents
There will be no exceptions if a document is missing, the visa extension cannot be done without all the necessary documents.
Do not hesitate to contact us for any questions you have about this visa, if you need support during the process of obtaining or extending the visa.
Remember that both you and your wife will have to sign all photocopies

Recent Posts

Non 0 Visa in Thailand
Non-Immigrant Visa 0
CALL US – 081 865 8910
Last updated on: 13.07.2020 – 7:26


  1. Hulck November 1, 2019 at 1:14 pm - Reply

    If you are on an Extension of Stay based on retirement it won’t affect you, as currently they are only talking about OA visas, and OX visas which have had the insurance requirement for some time? This is what i have heard, it is true?

    • MichaelG November 1, 2019 at 4:24 pm - Reply

      At 83 years of age, where can i get insurance ?

    • Mich1444 November 1, 2019 at 6:13 pm - Reply

      What are you thinking will happen when you do become ill and need hospital treatment? You don’t have enough money… are you thinking they will do it for free. or perhaps you will get your Thai family to pay? What was your plan?

    • Claim November 2, 2019 at 1:04 am - Reply

      Teachers are not repeat not on O-A visas?

    • J&E Concierge November 2, 2019 at 6:44 am - Reply

      Our team can answer to all your questions about, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us. Thank you

  2. DamianPatrick October 13, 2019 at 7:59 am - Reply

    I received a 3-month non-immigrant B visa last year from Vientiane, and went through a lot of trouble and money, as i am not a teacher getting all the correct forms from labour department. Unfortunately, i was not able to convert it to a year long with my work permit, due to Salary and Thai employ requirements. I have since used tourist visa’s. My work permit is in date as i have recently claimed injury insurance on it. Can anyone tell me something about that? Thanks

    • Chris October 13, 2019 at 12:00 pm - Reply

      Damian, I’m sure you will be answered correctly soon by people in the know, but just to prepare you for what is coming, I can’t see how your work permit is valid/legal if you are using it alongside a tourist visa.

    • Jinky October 13, 2019 at 12:22 pm - Reply

      Your work permit has not been valid since the date your non-b visa entry ran out. With the correct documents you can get another non-b visa at an embassy or consulate.

    • DigitalM October 14, 2019 at 1:11 pm - Reply

      How can you get a multiple entry visa? If you need a non-immigrant B Visa to get a work permit? But to get a multiple entry visa, you also need a non-immigrant B?

    • J&E Concierge October 15, 2019 at 8:09 am - Reply

      Please get in touch with us as soon as you can, we will deal and we will solve this problem. Thank you

Leave A Comment