Non 0 Visa in Thailand
What is non immigrant visa?
The Non-Immigrant 0 visa type is applied and is obtained only by the persons who fulfill its specific requirements.
Among the citizens who can access this type of visa are those who are legally married to a Thai citizen, dependents of a foreigner who is currently working or studying in the territory of Thailand and also volunteers or applicants working for governmental organizations.
The validity of this type of visa is different depending on the type of entry. For the single entry, the visa has a validity of 3 months from the date of issuance, and the holders of this type of visa can obtain the extension of the visa and the permit of residence and reentry at the Immigration Office of Thailand.
For multiple entry, one year validity is approved but it is only valid for the husband or wife of a Thai citizen.
J&E Concierge Pattaya has supported and participated in obtaining this type of visa for many foreign nationals. We take care of the whole process closely and we always guarantee success.
We talk openly with all our clients about the requirements, about the renewal, how to apply for this visa but also about the cost.
How do I get a non immigrant visa for Thailand?
Among the requirements necessary to obtain this type of visa we find the following:
– it is necessary to fill in an application form for obtaining the visa, and besides this form you must also present photos. Please note that the form must also be completed and signed by you
– you must present the passport, and it must be valid for at least 6 months for the single entry visa and at least one year for the multiple entry visa.
In addition to these requirements that you must meet, you must present some supporting documents.
1. For example, for a member of a Thai family, the following documents are required:
– it is necessary to present a copy of the marriage certificate for the husband and in the case of a child a copy of his birth certificate
– you must also present a copy of the Thai husband’s identity card and note that all copies must be signed by the Thai husband
– you also need a letter of sponsorship from the Thai cat husband
– the applicant needs a bank statement attesting that at least 400,000 are deposited in his account
2. For dependent persons the following documents are required:
– firstly, a copy of the marriage certificate is required or the birth certificate.
– if the citizen is currently working in Thailand it is necessary to present the residence permit or the visa and the copy of the passport
– only if necessary, a copy of the work permit is required
– a letter of certification from the educational institution or, as the case may be, from the employer in Thailand is also needed
3. In the case of volunteers or NGO officers the following are required:
– they need a certification letter from the organization in Thailand that clearly specifies its purpose, work schedule, exact time of stay in Thailand and nature of work
– together with this letter a copy of the identity card or passport of the authorized person who signed this letter is required
– it is also necessary to summarize the profile of the organization
– a copy of the registration of the respective organization
It is very important to keep in mind that sometimes consular reserves the right to request additional documents besides those presented above without prior notification.
Also, the Royal Embassy of Thailand may reserve the right to refuse a visa if the applicant does not have all the necessary documents or if the reasons specified are not accepted. Please note that the visa is not refundable.
When you have a 0 visa for multiple entry immigrants you must leave the country every 90 days if you do not renew this visa.
As long as you have a 0 non-immigrant visa in Thailand, and this is based on marriage or family, you can extend your visa by 3 months or 5 months, so you can get 60 days without having to leave the country.
To be able to extend this visa you will need to submit certain documents like:
– you must present your passport in its original form
– also a copy of the passport
– you must present a photocopy of the arrival card and the visa
– a copy of the lease agreement for the house where you live, and this contract must contain both your signature and the owner’s signature. In this contract remember that you must specify the address, the deposit you paid when you rented the house and the amount you pay each month.
– a document of the wife specific to the house officially registered as a resident of Thailand
– and the identity card of the wife, and it is indicated that you also have a copy of it
You may also be asked for a copy of your child’s birth certificate or passport if it exists, so it is advisable to prepare these documents as well.
When you want to extend the visa based on the existence of a child you will need to present with him / her the mother of the child, the passport and birth certificate of the child, and the card of identity of the child’s mother. Keep in mind that you must have both the original and copies of these documents
There will be no exceptions if a document is missing, the visa extension cannot be done without all the necessary documents.
Do not hesitate to contact us for any questions you have about this visa, if you need support during the process of obtaining or extending the visa.
Remember that both you and your wife will have to sign all photocopies