The Power of Attorney in Thailand

The Power of Attorney in Thailand

Are you looking for a good lawyer in Pattaya? J&E Concierge Pattaya Company offers the services of the best lawyers in Thailand. Our team consists of staff with experience in the field, lawyers who know how to proceed in the different cases where they are requested, are involved and will advise you on any problem you want to solve.
We are particularly proud of their vast experience in the field of law, legal law and law enforcement. If you need a good lawyer in Pattaya, or in other regions of Thailand, we invite you to contact us for a consultation on any of your legal needs. J&E Concierge Pattaya is with you and will help you solve any problem.
As for the Power of Attorney, we can say that it is the instrument or the way by which one person is legally authorized to act on behalf of another person. The person who offers the possibility of another person to act on his behalf is called Principal or Grantor, and the one who received the authority bears the name of Agent.
In Thailand, we meet two forms of Power of Attorney:
– the General Power of Attorney
– the Special Power of Attorney
In the case of a land office transaction, and you are the buyer and you want to authorize another person to handle the transaction on your behalf, you need to complete and sign at the same time a power of attorney provided by the land office.
Both the local Thai branch offices and the provincial government accept only the Thai script provided by the Land Department. In addition to the required documents, you also need a certified copy of your identity card or citizen’s passport, which allows you the authorization to act legally on your behalf.

Legal Services

CALL US – 081 865 8910
Assisted Customers
Satisfied Customers
Legal matters resolved

You must clearly specify the authorized activities and mention the extent of the power you wish to authorize and include special conditions if they exist.
The power of Attorney is valid for a period of up to 3 months from the moment it was signed, but its validity also depends on the consideration of the officer. In order to ensure your safety and to be sure about the decision you are going to make, we recommend that you consult the lawyers.
If you are looking for a lawyer in Pattaya for example, J&E Concierge Pattaya is here for you to offer support and services to the best lawyers. We offer the best legal services in Thailand in drafting legal documents and completing procedures.
Both the Principal and the Agent must be legally capable and capable of executing the powers listed in the Power of Attorney. They must also comply with the other legal and formal but also substantial requirements in order for it to be considered valid.
J&E Concierge Pattaya offers Power of Attorney notary services, and our lawyers will provide you with advice in any need you will have. Our law office in Pattaya is waiting for you to share with us your needs and desires. If you are looking for a good lawyer in Pattaya, do not hesitate to get in touch with us.
The vast majority of people consider this power of attorney necessary or at least convenient because it allows you to assign a person to handle certain issues on your behalf. The lawyers in our company have the experience to understand the technology and the necessary structure of such a power of attorney, and this will be recognized and accepted by all the Thai government agencies, banks, including other businesses.
This power of attorney can be used for certain specific short term transactions. Unlike the last will, the wills in Thailand do not deal with the beneficiary’s assets after his death, but more precisely a form of power of attorney, so that these wills represent the instructions of the respective persons indicating that in case he becomes incapacitated. to stop making decisions, someone else will deal with them.
It is very important to note that according to the regulation issued by the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Thailand and the Royal Thai Embassy, ​​the power of attorney is not authorized to legalize the signature of a foreigner.
The necessary documents are as follows:
– First of all, a completed application for legalization is required
– an original law document with the seal and signature of the DFAT officer
– copy for each page of the original document
– copy of passport or driver’s license
The law firm offers the best services of a lawyer in Pattaya. Even when you are looking for an international law firm, J&E Concierge Pattaya is here for you at all times.
This power of attorney is used for different purposes and on certain occasions, for example, you may wish to sell the condominium in Thailand and for various reasons may not be available at the time of transfer. You need to authorize a person to perform this transaction for you. However, if the power of attorney you have granted to your agent is not carried out according to the law and is not in the required format, there is a possibility that the government office will not be able to accept it.
According to the Civil Code and the Criminal Code, the agent given a general authority has no right to do the following acts:
– does not have the right to sell or mortgage real estate
– does not have the right to rent real estate for more than 3 years
– does not have the right to make a gift
– it cannot bring an action in court
– it cannot be submitted to a dispute in arbitration
Do not hesitate to contact us if you are looking for an international law firm, our law firm will provide you with the services of the best lawyers, the lawyer in Pattaya will answer all your questions and advise you on your actions. you want to start them

Recent Posts

Marriage Lawyer in Pattaya
About child custody after divorce in Thailand
About the case of fraud in Thailand
Making a testament in Thailand
The Power of Attorney in Thailand
CALL US – 081 865 8910
Last updated on: 02.07.2020 – 4:59


  1. MicahelJonDD September 14, 2019 at 2:52 pm - Reply

    Can I sign the power of attorney while in Thailand and possibly with an additional document where I state I grant the POA to person X say two months from now?. Will this negate the need for paperwork with the embassy back home? Thanks

  2. Curty August 21, 2019 at 10:43 am - Reply

    Say a person needs a lawyer/real estate agent to represent them in a transaction. That person is currently on a tourist visa and in Thailand, but will be leaving shortly. Is there some additional document which can be added while in Thailand to ensure the Power of Attorney would be valid while tourist visa has expired? Thanks

    • MousePad August 21, 2019 at 10:55 am - Reply

      What country is this for? If the US, a POA has to be notarized and the US doesn’t recognize them here. Except for the one at the US Embassy in Bangkok

    • GreenBook August 21, 2019 at 12:44 pm - Reply

      nd, if you are in the USA, you should go to the nearest Thai consulate and have them sign their form and stamp your power of attorney.

    • J&E Concierge August 22, 2019 at 10:11 am - Reply

      We invite you to get in touch with us and we will provide you these information. Thank you

  3. BoomBo July 15, 2019 at 3:40 pm - Reply

    Living in Thailand with my missus (not legally married) hopefully long term, and have most of my cash assets back home. Have some insurance set up for the missus should I have an accident etc. Over here I have a new car, motor bike, some cash in Thai bank account and in the event of my death or an accident would like her to be able to take ownership of these things and have access to my Thai bank. Also make decisions in Thailand on my behalf should I have a brain injury or something. I’m guessing I would need a Thai and translated / English version before signing.

    • Santiago July 15, 2019 at 4:21 pm - Reply

      Use of ‘missus’ – I’ll assume you are British.

    • BritishAccentGg July 15, 2019 at 5:56 pm - Reply

      I have a will covering Australia but I believe u need a Thai will to cover assets etc in Thailand

    • J&E Concierge July 16, 2019 at 10:12 am - Reply

      Hello BoomBo, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us, we will explain you and we will make you understand everything you need to know about Power of Attorney. Thank you

    • Jack July 17, 2019 at 12:41 pm - Reply

      Unfortunately Power of Attorney does not exist when it concerns banks in Thailand. acess to bank accounts as well as access to any other assets can be only covered by a will made in Thailand according to Thai law. however i have no idea what the situation is if you are physically or mentally incapable to make decisions. in this respect i strongly suggest advice from a lawyer.

Leave A Comment