Retirement Visa in Thailand
Is Thailand a good place to retire?
It is not at all surprising that more and more foreigners are enchanted by Thailand, the charming landscapes and picturesque beaches, which is why they want to spend their days in this wonderful tropical paradise. Once you have decided to make this decision, the only thing left to do is to apply for a retirement visa in Thailand. You do not know how to apply for a retirement visa? This will not stop you from fulfilling your wish, because J&E Concierge Pattaya is here to help you.
However, there are some things you should all know about the retirement visa in Thailand. The retirement visa in Thailand is also known as the visa for a residence without immigrant OA. This can also be valid for only one entry or for more than one entry. This visa must be renewed every year, the process is done in Thailand.
J&E Concierge Pattaya is here to support you, to help you understand all the things you need to know about the retirement visa, to answer your questions about how to apply for your retirement visa and how to renew this visa. Do not hesitate to contact us, our team will always be at your disposal.
In order to obtain a retirement visa in Thailand, it is very important to comply with the following requirements:
– firstly, the person applying for this type of visa must be 50 years of age or older, but not less than 50
– the applicant must have a security deposit containing THB 800,000, which is in a bank account in Thailand two months before the visa application is submitted.
– must have a monthly income of 65,000 THB
– the total amount between the combination of the guarantee deposit and the annual income must be 800,000 THB
Can I apply for a retirement visa in Thailand?
In connection with the process of applying for a 0 non-immigrant visa and extension in Thailand, we can say the following:
– first of all, it is necessary to apply for an initial visa for non-immigrants for a period of 90 days from the Embassy or the Thai consultant in your country of origin from the moment of applying for the retirement visa in Thailand
– the next step is to wait for a period of 60 days to be in Thailand, before applying for the visa for retirement directly at the immigration office.
– you must prove your address in Thailand, with the help of utility bills, or a rental contract
Keep in mind that a foreign citizen with an exemption stamp or a tourist visa can also apply for a retirement visa in conditions where the foreign citizen has fulfilled all the requirements for obtaining such a visa. Once you have obtained a retirement visa in Thailand, you will have to follow the following expectations:
1. The holder of the retirement visa has the obligation to announce to the Immigration Office the current residential address every 90 days. This can be done either through the post or you can go to the immigration office.
2. If you are thinking or intending to travel abroad during the validity year of the retirement visa, you will need a multiple re-entry permit in order to make this possible.
3. The retirement visa is valid for one year and can be renewed by presenting the same documents, and the number of funds required in your bank account must be at least 3 months before the renewal of the retirement visa.
4. According to the Customs Bureau, pensioners have no right to import their personal effects into Thailand without paying customs duties
J&E Concierge Pattaya is here for you to help you get your retirement visa. Our team will train you and inform you about the pig, about the requirements for obtaining such a visa, we will talk openly about its cost. We invite you to contact us when you want to take this step
Among the mandatory requirements that you must comply with, we find the requirements related to the documentation required to obtain the retirement visa in Thailand. These are the following
– regarding the security deposit, you will need to obtain an updated bank document, together with a bank letter, specifying that the respective money was deposited in an account from a source outside Thailand at least 2 months before applying the application to obtain the visa.
– In case of annual income, you will need a letter from the Embassy of Thailand, where they will check all your annual income, and if the Embassy does not issue this documentation, you will need to obtain a bank account statement on a period of 12 months, where it will be specified that you have a monthly income of 65,000 THB
The following documents may also be required:
– a medical certificate
– or a distance from the police
There are quite rare cases where these documents are required, but an Embassy consultant or a Thai consultant may request them before issuing the visa.
Do not worry about the process of obtaining this visa, the requirements, the method of applying for the retirement visa or cost. Our team has extensive experience in this field, which is why it will help you to fulfill your dreams.
The application for a retirement visa can be processed either in your country of origin or in Thailand, and the documents I mentioned above must be submitted to the Thai embassy or council in your country.
The process of applying for the OA visa for non-immigrants in their country of origin:
– All the necessary documents that I mentioned above, must be presented to the Embassy or consultant in your country of origin, but remember that not all Embassies or consultants in your country have the opportunity to issue this type of visa.