Social security in Pattaya

Social security in Pattaya

Any citizen living in Thailand more than 180 days a year is considered a resident of this country. They are obliged to pay taxes to the Thai state.
A fiscal year begins on January 1 and ends on December 31.
In Thailand, there are several types of taxes, but all expatriates will have to consider the following:

1. Personal income taxes
All resident persons living in Thailand for more than 180 days will be taxed on their worldwide income. For all employees, these income taxes will be deducted directly from their salary.
The tax amount varies depending on the income of each one.
The Revenue Department is the one who can issue this card.
For this card to be issued, you must present your passport and a valid work permit.

You have to pay a visit to the income tax department, in this case, these actions may be foreign to you, so we can help you, and all you have to do is get in touch with us.

2. Corporate income taxes
Any company incorporated in Thailand is taxable on income from all sources.
The profit tax rate is 30% of the total net profit of a foreign company, partnership or corporation.

3. Value Added Tax (VAT)
This general rate that has a percentage of 7% is placed on the value of the goods and services sold.
However, it is well known that some categories such as agricultural products are not subject to VAT.

4. Specific business tax
Those enterprises that are excluded from VAT are subject to specific taxes for those companies.
This includes:

– Financial, banking and other similar businesses in these areas

– Life insurance

– Pawn brokerage

– Real estate

Accounting and Auditing

CALL US – 081 865 8910
Assisted Customers
Satisfied Customers
Accounting services with our Support

5. Other taxes
This category includes Excise taxes, these are placed on certain types of products, such as alcoholic beverages, tobacco, fruit juice or cinematography, the oil tax or stamp duty.

A foreign company with a branch in Thailand is subject to profit tax for all incomes obtained within the country.
The associations and foundations pay income taxes in the proportion of 2% to 10% of the total gross income depending on the type of income.

Those foundations and associations that are provided by the notification of the Ministry of Finance that have the status of public charities do not have to pay income tax.
All international transport companies pay income tax with a rate of 3% of the total gross ticket receipts and 3% of the gross transport taxes.
The taxpayer is required to file an annual return within 150 days after the accounting year has been completed.

Any accounting period is 12 months, except for non-incorporated companies. The statements must be filed together with the audited financial statements of the company.

In other news, a corporate taxpayer is required to file a half-year tax return and must pay at the same time 50% of the estimated annual income tax by the end of the 8th month of the respective accounting year.

If the tax or unpaid payment estimated with more than 25% is not made, the taxpayer will have to pay the fine having a percentage of 20% of the deficit value.
When you need help with register tax in Thailand, feel free to contact us and our team will help you.
All companies listed on the Thai Stock Exchange, commercial banks and finance, securities, credit companies, legal companies or partnerships that are specified following the rules provided by the director-general of the revenue department, they pay the tax in half a year on the net, profit from the first six months of an accounting period.
In this case, the tax return must be filed together with all the financial statements that have been previously reviewed by an auditor approved by the general manager.
Register tax in Pattaya with our help.

A foreign tourist can get about 4-6% VAT after returning the purchases made in Thailand only under the following conditions:

– The purchases should only be purchased from the shops where the sign ” VAT refund for tourists ” is displayed.

– You are a foreign tourist and you have not stayed in Thailand for more than 180 days.

We can also help you with tax refunds in Thailand.

– Within 60 days from the date of purchase, the purchases must be removed from the country

– The refund can only be made at international airports

– Purchased items must have a value of 5,000 baht (including VAT)

– An object purchased individually must have a value of 2,000 baht per day
You will also find in authorized persons who can deal with social security in Pattaya, as well as the income tax department, the tax registration in Pattaya but also the Thai tax refund.

We will also help you with the tax refund in Pattaya.

Company Registration Service

No matter your budget, there  are always ways to increase your sales and grow up your business.
But you must know that there are some reasons to not have a good satisfaction about your business. Sometimes you need to add a new branch of the company because the current one must have some issue,  adding company objective,  sometimes we also need to change our shareholders because maybe the current business is not what they really want,  and not the last think for sure,  we can also try to change the company name.
J & E Concierge’s Company Administration Services would be always there for you to teach you and to help you how you can keep your business up.

Business Licences | Marriage Registration

Foreigners who are legally married to a Thai national may apply for a Non-immigrant O visa based on marriage in Thailand.
They will need the following documents for the extension for the visa:
-copy of your passport.
-copy of your Thai marriage certificate (both versions).
-copy of your Thai wife’s ID card.
-copy of your Thai wife’s Tabian Baan (House Papers).
-copy of a map to your residence in Thailand.
-copy of photos showing you and your wife together.
-copy of your bank book showing 400,000 THB in your bank account/copy of your income showing 40,000 THB per month in income.

At the end i wanted to remind you that you will have our help in every situation you need. Above i gave you some examples from our services list and i’m sure now you have all information ,the last think you must do is to contact us via email and our phone number where you can also ask if you have any questions !
We are ready to make your work easier and we hope you will cont on our experience and our experts!

Recent Posts

Company audit and accounting in Pattaya
Accounting & Auditing
Auditing and Accounting
Audit and financial accounting
Audit and bookkeeping service
Income tax department
Accounting service in Pattaya
Social security in Pattaya
CALL US – 081 865 8910
Last updated on: 11.08.2020 – 22:33


  1. Crew55 August 14, 2019 at 2:50 pm - Reply

    Hello, need some help and advice on this. I have the local health insurance and paid into it for over a year with a local company. Employment is now finished. I understand that I can continue the policy if I pay myself by making arrangements directly with the relevant ministry. Can someone advise where and how to do this, bearing in mind that I have also moved from Bangkok(original registration) to Chonburi. I also heard that I have up to 6 months to go to the ministry to do this? Thank you

    • J&E Concierge August 15, 2019 at 9:00 am - Reply

      We invite you to get in touch with us and we will provide you any information and service you need. Thank you

  2. Therme June 17, 2019 at 3:39 pm - Reply

    I don’t want to go to USA to file to receive my Retirement benefits. I want to do from Thailand. I read but cannot find. I saw Bangkok Bank will help with paperwork to Manila, PI US Social Security with the understanding that money goes to Bangkok Bank. I know there are many US expats here in LOS. I am on a Thai Retirement Visa. I want to collect starting on my 64th Birthday month starting by my February, 2017 check. I would like information, so I am not running around needlessly in the Thai heat.

    • J&E Concierge June 18, 2019 at 10:49 am - Reply

      We invite you to get in touch with us and we will provide you any information and service you need. Thank you

  3. Magmus March 27, 2019 at 5:28 pm - Reply

    Hi all, I am wondering what kind of health care and social security, if any, is offered/available to the “normal” Thai. What happens if a Thai gets sick, have an accident and need immediate and sometimes extensive medical care at a hospital?

    • J&E Concierge March 28, 2019 at 1:48 pm - Reply

      Hello there, we invite you to get in touch with us and we will provide you any information you may need. Thank you

  4. Totlsi February 2, 2019 at 3:17 pm - Reply

    I have just moved to Pattaya and need to choose a Pattaya hospital to nominate for my Social Security health cover. I also have private cover so this is not a post about which is better. Can someone with personal. first hand experience of the local hospitals, using the Thai Social Security scheme, offer any advice.

    • J&E Concierge February 3, 2019 at 7:51 am - Reply

      Hello there, we invite you to get in touch with us and we will provide you any information you may need. Thank you

  5. Deedee September 22, 2018 at 11:47 am - Reply

    If you work in thailand and pay into and are covered by the thai health insurance program, that if you leave your job you can be covered for 6 months after employment for free, and can register and pay to stay covered after that indefinitely? Is that true? Where is the nearest office to pattaya? location? tel number? What is the procedure and what is needed to do this? Thanks

    • J&E Concierge September 23, 2018 at 9:07 am - Reply

      Helo there, yes this is true. We invite you to get in touch with us and we will provide you any information and service you need. Thank you

Leave A Comment