motorbike ownership in Pattaya

Transfer motorbike ownership in Thailand

You just bought a motorbike, whether new or used, you are aware of the things you will need to do before you can start driving on the roads of Thailand? Yes, this is the motorbike registration process.

Whether you are located in one of the cities in Thailand and need help in the motorbike registration process, or want help in motorbike registration in Pattaya, J&E Concierge is here for you.
Also, you may ask yourself what is the difference between the invoice and the green card of the vehicle? J&E Concierge Pattaya already has the answer ready for you.

The invoice is represented by the document attesting that the motorbike was purchased from the respective person. This document usually contains information about that person, about the current buyer, but also details about the motorbike and engine number and frame number.
But the documents that can attest that the motorbike was bought in Thailand legally, of course, are represented by those documents of its registration
In connection with the green card of the vehicle, we can say that it is the official document that proves that the motorbike was registered at the Provincial Transport Office.
Once the owner gets possession of this green card, the motorbike can be legally driven on the roads in Thailand.
Also, we noticed that many people are wondering if they can drive a motorbike in this country using only one invoice. The answer is a negative one, but if you bought a motorbike it already has a green card
How do you register a motorbike on your behalf? J&E Concierge Pattaya has again the answer.

First of all, you will need a passport, and it must contain an updated visa and a work permit or other document that will show your address in Thailand.
Then you will need photocopies, the original invoice that demonstrates and details the sale by the respective person to you, as well as the sale invoice between you and the previous owner
You are also wondering how to transfer motorbike ownership? We are again here to help you.

Land office Service Enquiry Form

CALL US – 081 865 8910
Assisted Customers
Satisfied Customers
Ownership transfers

First of all, you will need the green card of the vehicle, and the owner must sign exactly in the indicated area of ??the bondholder.
There is also a need for a transfer request, and with these will come some forms for accepting the transfer, a copy of the identification card of the transferor and the transferee and the certified copy. In the case of foreign citizens, they must also present the passport, and often a work permit.

In case, the motorbike transfer is made between spouses, it is necessary to present the marriage certificate but also the certified copy by both parties. The presentation of the work permit is not a mandatory requirement, but foreign nationals are obliged by the Thai state to submit a document proving the address.

It can also be used as proof of the address, the yellow book of the house where you live or a certificate of residence from your local immigration office.
Next, to make the motorbike transfer, it is necessary to come with the vehicle to be able to perform its technical inspection.
When the technical inspection has been completed, the next step you must follow is to wait for the necessary documents proving this inspection. The evaluation staff will examine these documents, and after the completion of this examination, the respective personnel will return the documents to be able to pay the transfer.
This transfer fee is based on the estimated value of the vehicle, yet if this transfer is made between spouses, this charge is non-existent. In the end, you will receive the registration card and you can check if the transfer has been made.
In case, the address of the property is changed, the transfer and payment of the registration fees of the motorcycle will be made when the personnel change the address, this being done immediately.
The J&E Concierge Pattaya team can help you with the motorbike registration in Pattaya or another city in Thailand, we also support you in the motorbike transfer process, and in case you do not know how to transfer motorbike ownership, we are to assist you.

The motorbike will be legally transferred on your behalf, this process can start within 14 days from the date of sale of the motorbike, but if the buyer is resident in another state, the transfer will start within 45 days of at the sale of the motorbike.

Once the ownership of the motorbike transfer has been done, you will also need to transfer the insurance policy. The transfer of the insurance policy enters into the attributions of the buyer and is carried out within 14 days from the purchase of the motorbike.
Also, the buyer needs help in the transfer process from the seller, because the seller is legally responsible and responsible for any request the buyer faces until the transfer of the insurance policy is completed. Insurance policy transfer is a fairly simple process where you have to follow some important steps:

– the insurance company must be notified about the sale of the motorcycle

– then, the insurer must submit certain documents to transfer the insurance policy on behalf of the buyer

– original political obligation

– proof of the buyer address

– when the documents and the transfer request have been sent, the insurance company will start the transfer process

– in some cases, the motorbike may be insect-free

– it is necessary to charge a fee for the transfer of the policy

– you must obtain the bonus certificate without a request from the insurance company, and the accumulated bonus of the policy can be kept on your behalf
– when the documents will be in order and the transfer fee has been made the insurance policy will be transferred on behalf of the buyer

Recent Posts

Ownership Transfers
Transfer house ownership in Pattaya
Land transfer of ownership in Thailand
Thailand Condominium Transfer
Transfer motorbike ownership in Thailand
Vehicle registration in Thailand
About car registration in Pattaya
CALL US – 081 865 8910
Last updated on: 07.07.2020 – 15:59


  1. Cliff Stewart September 24, 2019 at 7:53 am - Reply

    Need help to transfer motorbike ownership , was wondering if you could give me a estimate of your price for this service .

    • J&E Concierge September 24, 2019 at 1:51 pm - Reply

      Please bring the Motorbike book and the Motorbike to our office, so we can check.
      The price will be 3,000- 5,000 bath. Price depending on the documents you have.

  2. AceVentura September 2, 2019 at 9:35 am - Reply

    Could someone please tell me the process for transferring the ownership of a motorcycle. Ok the motorcycle is in Pattaya the owner is not in the country, the bike will be staying in Bangkok in the near future, as soon as I have an answer to the above information. Thanks in advance for anyone’s

    • J&E Concierge September 2, 2019 at 1:10 pm - Reply

      Hello there, we can answer to all your questions and also help you register your vehicle. Please feel free to get in touch with us.

  3. DarianP August 11, 2019 at 11:34 am - Reply

    I want to buy a used car in BangKok and registering it in Pattaya. What are the required documents for the change of car ownership ? Thanks

    • J&E Concierge August 11, 2019 at 12:22 pm - Reply

      Hello Darian, feel free to get in touch with us, our team will help you register your car and they will answer to all your questions about.

  4. CardiBJohn May 16, 2019 at 11:15 am - Reply

    Now that I am going to buy the scooter of my friend we have the issue of transferring the green book from his name to mine. Can anyone help? Thanks

    • Angust May 16, 2019 at 1:31 pm - Reply

      Hi, I’m currently in the same position and need to transfer the green book into my name. Does anyone know of a good agent/bike shop that can help me with this in Bangkok

    • BlueAngel May 16, 2019 at 4:44 pm - Reply

      I sold a bike about 8 months ago and I was amazed at what they came up with before they would let the ownership transfer go through.

    • George May 16, 2019 at 5:58 pm - Reply

      Some of the forms are double sided so be sure to print them on both sides or the official might get upset.

    • ThailandLaw May 17, 2019 at 10:26 am - Reply

      Which area are you?

    • J&E Concierge May 17, 2019 at 11:30 am - Reply

      Hello there, we invite you to get in touch with us and we will help you with this process. Thank you

Leave A Comment