Vehicle Registration Pattaya

Vehicle registration in Thailand

It is well known that in Thailand as in any other country, your vehicle must have a valid registration. When this expires you need an extension or a new registration, this process is quite easy, especially when your car or motorcycle is less than 5 years old. J&E Concierge Pattaya is here to assist you in the process of  Vehicle registration Thailand.
Also, vehicles that are more than 5 years old must undergo a technical inspection at a certified service, before applying to renew the registration. The technical inspection includes checking the number of the car as well as the inspection of the lights, brakes, and exhaust, and then the center will issue you a certificate that you will have to present together with the other two requirements.

J&E Concierge Pattay can handle vehicle registration also vehicle transfer and of course, we can offer many other services related to your car. We understand that your time is valuable so do not hesitate to contact us if you also do not know how to transfer vehicle ownership.

When a vehicle has been permanently important in Thailand, its owner must register it at the local DLT office to receive the registration card and the annual sticker. This registration must be made immediately after the car has been permanently imported into Thailand, except in cases where they are only imported temporarily into this country.

To be done the vehicle registration by the expatriates, the sweet documents to which their copies are attached are required:

– the current passport is required

– the non-immigrant visa

– also a work permit or certificate or a letter issued by the Thai Immigration Bureau or the relevant embassy

The new owner will obtain proof of ownership documents in the form of a registration card called also the Blue Book which of course includes the name and address of the owner.
It is worth remembering that there are two types of approaches that you can approach, temporary or permanent registration, and most of the documents are similar in both cases.

Land office Service Enquiry Form

CALL US – 081 865 8910
Assisted Customers
Satisfied Customers
Ownership transfers

You will need the following documents for the temporary vehicle registration in Thailand:

– passport identification

– a declaration form

– a tax bill is required

– a request for the temporary importation

– registration

For vehicle registration in Pattaya or anywhere else in Thailand, J&E Concierge Pattaya is here for you.
When you buy a car or motorcycle in Thailand you need to transfer the ownership of the vehicle on your behalf.
The vehicle transfer is made to the Land Transport Office
I t is not obligatory for the seller to be present since you have the signed photocopies of the ID and its signature on the title transfer request form.

If you do not know how to transfer vehicle ownership, do not hesitate to contact us.
In addition to the fact that we will let you know that everything you need to know, we can also handle this process.

But keep in mind the following documents that you must present to the Land Transport Office:

– first of all, the vehicle

– green card

– passport

– signed copies of the page showing passport and visa information

– the residence certificate is taken from the embassy or immigration

– the application form signed by the seller

Also, there is the possibility of being asked for the following features by the seller:

– a signed copy of the identity card only if the seller is a Thai citizen

– a signed copy of the passport and visa information if the seller is a foreign citizen

To pay the tax for your vehicle is indicated by a small card that can be glued to the windshield of the car.
When you want to do the vehicle register in Pattaya or another city in Thailand, our team is here to help you.

At any time when you decide to transfer ownership of a vehicle, you must own the vehicle in question. If the vehicle has not been taxed for more than one year, you will have to pay a fine before it can be taxed, and the amount is different depending on the vehicle.

Since you will have all the forms you will be able to collect the tax and insurance and the new green card will be issued within 10-15. You will have a copy of the old book until you can take possession of the new book. It is very important to keep in mind that both of you must sign all forms in the same ink and signatures must be written consistently and correctly, as they are inspected very well.

In conclusion, when you decide to stay in Thailand for a longer period of course you want to have your vehicle. Many people are tempted to register the vehicle under the name of their wife or partner or girlfriend, which is not exactly right.
The obvious reason why it is not advisable to do this is that sometimes the relationship between you and the respective persons can deteriorate over time.

Another rather important reason why you should not register the vehicle on behalf of another person is that this person can apply for certain loans where they could guarantee the respective vehicle, and if this loan is not paid on time, the lending company will confiscate the respective vehicle.

So, how to transfer vehicle ownership? J&E Concierge Pattaya is here to handle this, that’s why do not hesitate to get in touch with us.

Recent Posts

Ownership Transfers
Transfer house ownership in Pattaya
Land transfer of ownership in Thailand
Thailand Condominium Transfer
Transfer motorbike ownership in Thailand
Vehicle registration in Thailand
About car registration in Pattaya
CALL US – 081 865 8910
Last updated on: 02.07.2020 – 6:07


  1. RomanGuy September 12, 2019 at 12:51 pm - Reply

    Hi to everyone, need some help with the procedure for registering a car in Thailand in my name. I understand I need a “certificate of residency” from Immigration, however, not sure what else is required and where to start. I am buying privately and not from a dealer, any help regarding this matter would be appreciated.

    • J&E Concierge September 12, 2019 at 1:29 pm - Reply

      Hello there, please feel free to get in touch with us and we will help you register your car. Thank you

  2. JoeCraig August 14, 2019 at 10:50 am - Reply

    Hello. I have a friend that just move from USA and he is buying an used car. He lives in Pattaya, he is buying the car in Chiang Rai. He holds an USA Driver License, no Thai driver license yet. What personal documentation he will need to register the car in Pattaya? Thanks

    • J&E Concierge August 14, 2019 at 12:11 pm - Reply

      Hello Joe, your friend can get in touch with us and we will provide any documentation he will need to register the car in Pattaya. Thank you

  3. IamAloneHere July 25, 2019 at 2:44 pm - Reply

    Is car registration a one-time event,or does anything need to be done annually to keep it current ? I am thinking not just of the registration, but of the insurance requirement (PLPD, or paw-raw-baw) When the insurance is updated, is it necessary to present the receipt for that at a government office, or is it sufficient to carry it in the vehicle ?

    • Johny July 25, 2019 at 4:45 pm - Reply

      What “tax” are you referring to ? When and where do we pay it ? Just a few days short of the 1st anniversary of our registration, we have received nothing in the way of a renewal form or reminder. And we are still living at the same address.

    • Greg01 July 25, 2019 at 6:10 pm - Reply

      The annual requirements are tax and insurance and after 7 years the car will also need to be tested annually for “road worthiness”

    • J&E Concierge July 26, 2019 at 9:18 am - Reply

      Hello IamAloneHere, we can provide you these information for you and for everybody who may need help. Please feel free to get in touch with us. Thank you

    • Flower55 July 26, 2019 at 10:02 am - Reply

      Registration is only done when buying/selling,colour change or some other modifications.

    • Benno July 26, 2019 at 12:29 pm - Reply

      The car tax and mandatory government 3rd party insurance should run from the same date. I always get my insurance broker to obtain the tax disc and pay the total amount to them. Saves me a trip to the Transport Office.

Leave A Comment